Sunday, March 10, 2013

2/21-/2013 - 3/10/2013

so - maybe I need the change the title from grateful journal daily to grateful journal because I've fallen out of journaling every day however, that doesn't mean that I don't have lots that I recognize and am grateful for. many things have happened since I last journaled - we learned that Bobby and Dee have been declared cancer free - thank you God! I was able to participate in a parenting course that has helped me, I think, understand my children and communicate in a way that they seem to be receptive and for that, I am truly grateful since my children are of the utmost importance to me. we were able to take a trip to Tacoma to watch both girls compete in a cheerleading competition - that was so fun to see. it was awesome to watch Mak humour Reese and try to learn her dance - and to see Mak be so patient with her as she looked to her big sister and tried to emulate her. it was awesome to see. I had to make the difficult decision to not pursue my coast to coast medal this season but with budget cuts at work, it was the right thing to do. Instead, I am flying to Ottawa to run with my friend, Tracey, at her first half. I am totally looking forward to it and so excited! I am grateful that I'm starting to feel a little better after the elevated liver enzyme deal - I go back next week to see where that's at but I'm feeling better and for that I'm thankful. Donnie and I signed up for the crossfit open - we have only been doing crossfit for 2 months so this is more of a way to record our progress than anything. I was able to complete the first open workout on Thursday and I was able to watch D complete his workout today. so inspirational to watch himself dig deep and pull out those last painful reps. so grateful that I could be there to support him. grateful for two 6+ mile runs in two days...hopefully that means that I'm back :) grateful for the strength of my body and for my ability to run - to bring awareness, to raise $ for the LLS, and to be a good example for my children. I'll try to do better about writing daily :)

1 comment: